Written by Todd Hawker Wednesday, 14 October 2009 09:09
Whether you are buying a home in Colorado Springs or looking for the best listing agent to sell your home, the first thing you will need to do is find a qualified realtor in Colorado Springs. But where to do you start your search and how do you evaluate the credentials of a realtor?
This post contains are six tips to help you find the best professional realtors in Colorado Springs.
Whether you are buying a home in Colorado Springs or looking for the best listing agent to sell your home, the first thing you will need to do is find a qualified realtor in Colorado Springs. But where to do you start your search and how do you evaluate the credentials of a realtor? This post contains are six tips to help you find the best professional realtors in Colorado Springs.
- Realtors Associations: If you are totally new to the area, it may make sense to start with a realtors association, such as the Pikes Peak Association of Realtors (PPAR). Formed in 1902, this organization serves the entire Pikes Peak region by connecting consumers with Colorado Springs realtors. In addition to providing an online search tool for finding a realtor, their web site also provides buyers and sellers with valuable real estate trends and current market data.
- Local Market Knowledge: Look for a professional realtor who has been working in the Colorado Springs region for many years, and who keeps up with the changing real estate landscape. Ask how long it typically takes them to sell a home, how close they get to the asking price, and what they do to generate interest in their properties. Your agent should have access to the Pikes Peak Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own electronic lockbox key.
- Personal Attention: If you want to work with a realtor in Colorado Springs who will give you the time and attention you deserve, be sure to ask how many active clients they are currently working with. Most agents cannot provide effective customer service for more than three active customers. If you are in the market to buy a home, consider working with a real estate team, rather than an individual, who will represent your interests as Buyers’ Agents.
- Interview Several Agents: Most people who are looking for a professional realtor in Colorado Springs start working with the first agent they find. A better idea is to interview several realtors to determine which one offers the right mix of experience and personality to meet your needs.
- Referrals and Testimonials: Never underestimate the importance of a satisfied customer, and never hire an agent until you have had a chance to speak with some of their past clients. Remember, realtors are professional salespeople and can make a great presentation at that first meeting, but you never know how competent they really are until you’ve heard it from one of their customers.
- Marketing Expertise: If you plan on selling a property in Colorado Springs, you will want to find a realtor with a good presence on the Internet and who will offer a well-designed marketing plan that utilizes the latest real estate marketing tools. But technical know-how doesn’t necessarily translate into a quick sale. Beware of listing agents who try to impress you with elaborate Internet marketing plans. While webcasts and virtual tours can be compelling, nothing beats a well-written MLS listing and proper home staging.
Thanks to all the resources available online today, finding a professional realtor in Colorado Springs has never been easier. It can be tempting to rush in and work with the first agent you find, but taking a little extra time in the beginning will make all the difference in how satisfied you are with your Colorado Springs real estate transaction.
Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
|< Prev||Next >|